Online Privacy Statement
Realty Group and Worldwide Corporate Housing (d/b/a as Oakwood Worldwide; are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information. Oakwood is committed to using our customers information in a responsible manner. Oakwood is committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws.
This Privacy Statement is an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our web sites and during your relationship with us. The information outlined below will assist you in making informed decisions while doing business with Oakwood.
In order to provide multiple access points to the services and products Oakwood Asia Pacific Ltd operates directly, or through its affiliates or service providers, the following web sites www.oakwoodasia.com, www.oakwoodasia.com and such other websites as may be listed from time to time.
Oakwood is fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of personally identifiable information furnished by, or collected from, visitors while using our web sites and services. Oakwood collects information about our customers and visitors to our web sites so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to our customers' and visitors' needs.
METHOD OF COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Oakwood does not collect personally identifiable information when you browse the Oakwood web sites unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information to us. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse the Oakwood web sites unless you:
- access the web site from a link in an email that we sent;
- signed up for our eNewsletter ; or
- entered your details into a contest or competition; or
- have created a profile and log-in when you access the web site; or
- provide information in the course of making, editing or managing a booking, reservation through our website
When we do need to collect personally identifiable information from you, we will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. Where appropriate, we may also ask your employer, relocation company, travel agency or other third parties (where such persons have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account or are responding or interacting with us in circumstances set out below under “Use of Information”) (collectively, “Your Agents”) to voluntarily supply us with the information we need, and we will, for such purposes, either seek confirmation from these third parties before collection that you have permitted them to disclose the information we need or limit the information collected to that which is necessary to effect any transaction (including bookings and reservations) that you require). For example, if you would like to make a reservation at one of our properties, we will ask you for information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and room preference to process your reservation. We may collect this information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, at the counter, upon completion of an application or enrollment form, or through your use of our web sites.
Information may also be collected as part of: (i) fulfilling reservation or information requests, (ii) registering for membership, (iii) submitting a job application, (iv) submitting a credit application, or (v) responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations), (vi) registering for, or responding to a subscription request for our newsletter. We endeavor to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission if necessary.
TYPES OF INFORMATION
The types of personally identifiable information that we collect may include your name, home, work and email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, credit card information, date of birth, gender, salary, identification / passport / social security / IATA number (in some instances), and lifestyle information such as room preferences, leisure activities, personal requirements, accompanying persons, any additional or particular information submitted during booking (including, without limitation, “Enhance Your Stay” related information) and other information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require special room accommodations).
Oakwood may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our web sites, communication preferences, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stays, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected. For example, not providing a name will prevent the processing of reservations.
USE OF INFORMATION
Oakwood will never sell your information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose of, facilitating or effecting transactions with Oakwood, permitting Oakwood to meet its contractual and regulatory obligations, or to ensure and promote the business relationship that you wish to establish with Oakwood.
Oakwood may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways / circumstances:
- when we have received your consent to do so;
- when we communicate with employers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations, who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account;
- if you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices;
- when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies;
- if you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer's or any third party's travel agent, relocation company or other intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfill, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfill;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you or effect fulfillment of the services you desire;
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of Oakwood require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration or database management services, or in circumstances set out under the section in this Privacy Statement marked “co-branded pages and third party service providers”);
- when a housing complex or other property leaves the Oakwood system and access to your personally identifiable information is necessary to facilitate business operations or meet contractual obligation;
- in the event Oakwood is merged with or acquired by another company;
- to comply with relevant best practice, legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, and otherwise as we believe is necessary or appropriate to: (i) satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental requirement or request, or (ii) to operate our web site properly, or (iii) to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or (iv) if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- in case of emergency such as to remedy, rescue, safeguard or prevent against damage, injury or death in respect of the life, health, or property of any individual.
If information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of information that is furnished to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
USE OF EMAIL
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, might use the other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We will also use your email address to:
- send you pre-arrival confirmation details;
- notify you about special offers and promotions;
- send you copies of your bills when you request them; and
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we may contact you via mail, email, telephone, or by other means to confirm your departure date, ensure your customer satisfaction, notify you of new Oakwood products and services, or upcoming Oakwood special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. You may also receive mailings or other communications from carefully selected partners, such as our referral partners or our customer satisfaction surveyors. We may offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our emails or other communications, or by contacting Oakwood directly.
Oakwood strives to keep all our customers and visitors informed and equally able to take advantage of the benefits offered by Oakwood and its strategic marketing partners. However, if you reside outside of the United States, certain data privacy regulations may require us to obtain your permission before we send you information that you have not requested from us.
In some cases your permission will be implied from the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. For example, Oakwood may collect and use personally identifiable information that you volunteer (to facilitate or effect transactions with Oakwood), or behavioral data or information collected in the aggregate. In addition, your permission will be deemed given for communications from us that are necessary to fulfill transactions and services that you request.
DATA TRANSFERS ACROSS INTERNATIONAL BORDERS
The nature of our business and our operations may require us to transfer your information, including personally identifiable information, to other group companies, properties, centers of operations, data centers, or service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection and other laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, Oakwood will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personally identifiable information is protected and handled as described in this Privacy Statement.
(Japan residents, please visit http://www.privacyexchange.org/japan/JapanPIPA2003v3_1.pdf for the Japan Personal Information Protection Act. For the EU Data Directive, please visit http://dsv.su.se/jpalme/society/eu-personal-privacy-directive.html).
It is Oakwood's intent and one of our missions to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date for the purposes for which it is used. You can help us ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate and complete, you can contact us with the request to correct, update, delete or deactivate it either by emailing our us or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Please provide your full name and street address and telephone number on your request.
To update or change your information or to opt-out of receiving marketing material:
1. Follow directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail communication from us, or
2. Call (65) 6336 3600 , or
3. Send an email with your current contact information to email@example.com, or
4. Send a request with your current contact information to:
OAKWOOD ASIA PACIFIC
200 Newton Road #04-01 Newton 200
Oakwood will take reasonable steps to implement your request to opt out. However, please note that due to production and mailing timelines, it may take around six weeks to make the requested change and, until that change takes effect, you may still receive promotional information from us.
Although we will make no more marketing use of information you have asked to be deleted, occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on back up systems or within log files due to technical constraints, or financial or legal requirements.
Oakwood recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing all technical, physical, and logical security rules and procedures. After information reaches Oakwood, it is stored on a secure server that resides behind firewalls designed to block unauthorized access from outside of Oakwood. All Oakwood owned web sites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personally identifiable information against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. Although guaranteed security does not exist either on or off the internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical safeguards, including VeriSign Secure Server ID. The use of VeriSign's services allows for the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption method used to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit.
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. It assigns the computer with a unique identifier, which in turn, becomes your identification card whenever you return to an Oakwood web site.
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us provide a customized experience tailored just for you without having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our web sites. Oakwood cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
Cookies also help us provide a personalized online experience in the following ways:
- they remember your user name and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster
- they ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content;
- they ensure you obtain all requested information; and
- they help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location.
Oakwood cookies are limited to our web sites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the internet after leaving Oakwood's web sites. We track the usage of our web sites in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future. Please note that in addition to Oakwood cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer's hard drive. Oakwood is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your internet browser or other third party software on your workstation can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis; or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your Web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our web sites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
Oakwood also uses pixel tags, sometimes called Web beacons, to count how many people visit certain Web pages. Information collected from invisible pixels is used and reported in the aggregate and does not contain personally identifiable information. In some cases, if you choose, you may configure your e-mail (or your email may have been configured) to avoid accessing remote images – please consult your email service provider or email client/software technical support for these options or configurations. Oakwood may use this information to improve marketing programs and content.
Oakwood and our email service provider also use pixel tags to:
- Track customer response to Oakwood advertisements and web site content;
- Determine your ability to receive HTML-based email messages. Our email service provider includes a pixel tag, which they refer to as a coded sensor in all of the HTML-based messages sent on our behalf. The sensor activates when the email message is opened and flags the email address of the user as one that is capable of receiving HTML-based email messages. This capability helps our service provider to send the email in a format you can read. The sensor does not collect or use any other information. If you cannot receive HTML, you will not receive a functioning sensor;
- Know how many users open an email and allow our service provider to compile aggregated statistics about an email campaign for us; and
- Allow us to better target interactive advertising, enhance customer support and web site usability, and provide offers and promotions that we believe would be of interest to you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
In order to anticipate your needs, Oakwood provides links to other web sites for your convenience and information. Oakwood is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained within any independent web site, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while Oakwood will protect your information on Oakwood owned and operated web sites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites, including Web sites owned or controlled by independent franchisees or third party owners of residence properties that may use the name of an Oakwood brand, or web sites not controlled or authorized by Oakwood. Third party web sites that are accessed through links on our web sites have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their web sites. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
CO-BRANDED PAGES AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Portions of the Oakwood web sites are operated by third-party service providers ("Providers"), Providers may place cookies on your computer in order to store information or store your account login.
Our agreement with Providers requires the information to be kept confidential and disclosed only to Providers employees who require such access in the course of their assigned duties. Oakwood may change the provider from time to time, and will transfer stored information to the new providers subject to similar restrictions.
Oakwood does not seek to obtain, nor does it wish to receive personally identifiable information directly from minors; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our web sites. If a minor (as defined by applicable law) provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from any future Oakwood marketing communications.
Oakwood takes its users' privacy concerns seriously.
If you have comments or questions regarding Oakwood's data privacy practices or this Online Privacy Statement or you would like to update your information, modify your communication preferences, or if you do not want to receive marketing communications from Oakwood in the future, you can contact us at:
Oakwood Asia Pacific
200 Newton Road #04-01 Newton 200
Telephone: ( 65 ) 6336 6900
Fax: (65) 6336 8300
In your letter, please describe in as much detail as possible your inquiry.
Oakwood reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Updated versions will be posted to our web sites and date stamped so that you are always aware when the Online Privacy Statement was last updated.